It has almost been one year since I published The Reaper’s Contract.
And goodness, let me tell you, that learning curve was STEEP.
I have never been more delighted, scared, happy, and frustrated in my life. I was pulling my hair out, panicking at little mistakes, taking courses, and researching and researching – and that was before I was published!
After I was published I was still pulling my hair out, panicking at little mistakes…you get the drill. It took a long time until I learned that being done is better than being perfect (read more about that here!).
Sometimes we just need to plow ahead, past the frustration and worry, to get to the goal.
But let’s be real – it’s much easier to go all Alice down the rabbit hole!
Alice’s face is a mood. And legit how I felt last year trying to navigate the world of indie publishing – a little insane at a tea party!
Despite the constant trial and error, I am in a much more confident and comfortable position for launching The Diplomat’s Son. This time I hope I will be working smarter, not harder!
It’s not use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Would I like to be able to go back over the last year and do things differently? Of course. I have learned so much in the last year that there are things I would have changed, and certainly ways I would have handled my stress and expectations of myself (especially in regards to launching my first book!). But I did it, and that, above all else, is the most rewarding thing!
Personally, I can’t believe a year has passed already!
- We got a puppy
- We moved into a new house
- We celebrated new additions in our families’ and friends’ lives
- We mourned losses
This past year has motivated me to keep following my dream of becoming a full-time author. A year can pass by in the blink of an eye!
As for the Future…
- The Diplomat’s Son is in full swing, though slower than I expected. Thank you for your grace and patience!
- A short story – The Tamar Civil War – will give the prequel background to the events in The Reaper’s Contract. I will be offering this story for free, and will let you know when it’s released!
- Other than that, I really need to paint my house! We moved in, and still don’t have pictures on the wall. Time to make this house a home.
Your turn! How has the last year impacted you! What do you have planned?
Want to keep updated on new releases, sneak peeks, blog posts, & giveaways?
Connect with me through my newsletter!